Saturday, July 18, 2009

Why Bother With Sex Offenders?

Which do you think would be more beneficial to society and the registered sex offender:

(A) Get personally involved with a registered sex offender and teach him to be a follower of Christ so Jesus can change his heart and mind?

(B) Push him into a corner, like a trapped animal, until he has no more strength to fight his default tendencies and re-offends. Then say, "See, i told you! They will never change."

I choose A!!! Even though it costs me time and money. I believe that is what we, "The Church" or "The Body of Christ," are called to do.

3 comments:

  1. A) Takes a lot of time, patience and mercy. B) is easy because it doesn't make me step into someone else’s pain.

    Knowing victims’ of abuse, I find myself not wanting to vote for A, but knowing how much God has done for me, I am agreeing with you. We need to get personally involved. Not only with the sex offender but with the victim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All too often those who have offended are the ones who are victims themselves. The man that I am mentoring was horribly abused and sinned against at such a young age that it was a natural thing to his mind. He is still responsible for what he has done, but he deserves our pity, not our contempt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A is the answer to a lot. Changing lives by changing their hearts. Thanks Brian for getting involved with those that the rest of society has written off.

    ReplyDelete